There are numerous laws and programs that promote the welfare of children. But children remain the most vulnerable sector in Philippine society. They are the most affected during natural and man-made calamities. About 43.3 percent of the country's population are children.
More than 4 million families are subsisting below the poverty line. Almost 10 million children are undernourished. Most children are suffering from micronutrient malnutrition. Only 33 percent of children are enrolled in daycare and preschool institutions in the country. More than 1 million children of elementary school age are not enrolled.
This is the reason why a couple of Filipino bloggers are encouraging politicians to promote child-friendly governance in all areas.
The contest has started and ending on 25 Oct 2008 and Winners will be announced on 30 Oct 2008.
Just check out the Prizes below
First Prize – 10,000 EC credits plus an ad space in Proud Mommy, Pinay in States, E-Pamilya, Seek No More, Momma Wannabe for a month
Second Prize – 5,000 EC credits plus an ad space in Pinay Wife Speaks, Pinay Blogger and PolitEkon for a month
Third Prize – 3,000 EC credits
Consolation Prizes – 15 blogs will receive 200 EC credits each
This means there will be 18 winners!
That is not all. The first 15 contestants who signs up will automatically received 75 EC credits!
However, consider the EC credits as just icing on the cake. The important thing is that, win or lose, the contestants and participants were able to help spread the word about the need to adopt and implement effective policies that promote child welfare in the Philippines and maybe in the rest of the world too.
Whose the Sponsors again? They are
- Seek No More = 8,000 EC credits + 125x125 ad space for a month
- PolitEkon = 2,500 EC credits + 125x125 ad space for a month
- Pinay Wife Speaks = 2,500 EC Credits + 125x125 ad space for month
- Proud Mommy = 1,500 EC credits + 125x125 ad space for a month
- Momma Wannabe = 1,000 EC credits + 125x125 ad space for a month
- E-Pamilya = 1,000 EC credits + 125x125 ad space for a month
- The Pinay Blogger = 1,000 EC credits + 125x125 ad space for a month
- Trader’s Hub = 1,000 EC credits
- Swirling Thoughts = 1000 EC credits
- A Grateful Heart = 1,000 EC credits
- Pinay in States = 500 EC credits + 125x125 ad space for a month